Sunday, September 30, 2012

We are having a baby!

Hey Everyone,

So it appears that I did what most beginning bloggers do. I wrote about 5 posts and then stopping blogging. Well, I am no quitter so I decided to start up my blogging again. After all, there is no better time to begin blogging than when you have something exciting to blog about!

About a month ago, Ryan and I found out that we are expecting! I am 13 weeks today, which means I am due in APRIL!!!! Whew, that still sounds so far away. 9 months is a long time. It takes 9 months to get through each year of school. That felt like forever. It is a good thing that I found out I was pregnant 2 months in. Now I only have to wait 6 months! :) I hope that blogging will help my side of the family and my friends in Illinois stay involved with my pregnancy even though they live 6 hours away from where Ryan and I do.

I had my first doctors appointment on Friday. My mother-in-law went with me since Ryan had to work. It was only the initial appointment, which means lots of information passed back and forth and lots of questions asked. I am very anxious to see the baby but I was told that they do not perform ultrasounds until week 20 unless they suspect a problem. My next appointment will be on October 18th but that will still be too early to see the baby.




















Pregnancy Stats:


How Far Along – 13 Weeks
Size of Baby – a peach!
Gender – Too early to tell.
Total Weight Gain – I have lost 12 lbs since I found out I was pregnant even though I have been eating as much or more than I did before I was pregnant.
What I Miss – Kombucha! Eggs with a runny yolk! I am not a very big fan of well-cooked eggs.
Cravings: None
Symptoms: Getting up a lot to go to the bathroom. 
Maternity Clothes: I started wearing a pair of maternity jeans, not because  my old one were too tight but because they were falling off...I have decided that I love maternity jeans and want to wear them forever!
Worst Part of Pregnancy this Week: Nothing really. I no longer feel sick. I am able to eat again, including smelly foods such as garlic and onions. I suppose I am still not too fond of getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.
Best Part of Pregnancy this Week: I got to shop for pregnancy clothes and I received some as a gift. I love getting new clothes! Having people tell me they could see the beginnings of a baby bump.

No comments:

Post a Comment