Sunday, October 7, 2012

14 Weeks/Birthday/Trip to Illinois

Hey All,

This has been an exciting week! First of all, I am 14 weeks today! For some reason, I have hiccups like crazy. It is kind of silly because I am so used to this that I hardly notice that it happens but others around me obviously do. :) Also, the baby has decided that I should have a little more nausea. I am extremely anxious to see an ultrasound of our little person. I am not sure I am patient enough to wait 6 more weeks (It's a good thing that the nurse didn't give me a choice)! Our dog, Eddie, decided he wanted to be in my bump pictures this week. :)





















Pregnancy Stats:

How Far Along – 14 Weeks
Size of Baby – a lemon.
Gender – Too early to tell.
Total Weight Gain – I am still down from where I started but I have gained 2 lbs since last week!
What I Miss – I still miss eggs with a runny yolk!
Cravings: None
Symptoms: Still getting up a lot to go to the bathroom. Nausea, Hiccups (Me, not the baby)
Worst Part of Pregnancy this Week: Getting sick on my birthday :(
Best Part of Pregnancy this Week: Seeing my family for the first time while knowing I was pregnant.

My Birthday!/Illinois Trip
My 23 birthday was Friday! Ryan and I decided to make the 5 hour trip from our home in Iowa to see my family in Illinois. I was excited since I had not seen them in about 2 months. We thought it was a good time because my sister was moving to Ohio today. We arrived in Illinois late Friday night. I brought my family grain free brownies to celebrate my birthday. The trip was lots of fun. I also got to spend some time with 3 of my good friends.

On the way back to Iowa today, Ryan and I stopped at some little antique stores. Ryan found an antique mug that looks like a barrel, which we purchased. We also stopped at Trader Joes to buy some grass fed meat since we have a hard time finding a variety in Iowa. Upon arriving home, there was a package on our kitchen table! I opened it to find that Ryan had gotten me a camera for my birthday! I am not an expert at photography but I wanted to have a new camera to photograph the baby since my old one was not working well.  We played around with the camera a little bit tonight (using it to take the baby bump photos!)

No comments:

Post a Comment